Wednesday, March 12, 2014

REVIEW | Sleek Blush in Rose Gold

Sleek Blush in Rose Gold 926// £4.49
I'm not one of those people that wears a lot of blusher. In fact until I started blogging I didn't own a single blushes that didn't come with a palette. I have always stayed away from blusher cautiously, terrified of ending up looking more drag queen then natural flushed. However, I pushed through my fear and started myself off with some MUA blushers (you can see here) and I have been lusting after Sleek's Rose Gold ever since. But for some reason I'd just bypass it every time. Not to worry though, my sister had heard me mention it 400 times and got it for me for Christmas - thanks Lauren!

 
This is my first time trying out a sleek powder product and just like the lipsticks WOW aren't they pigmented. For £4.49 it really is a steal, and you are getting great quality for your money. I am so happy that this is now in my makeup bag and I don't think it will be leaving for a very long time. Like the name suggests it is a peachy pink with fine gold shimmer running throughout it, which leaves you looking very healthy and awake!
applied straight onto natural skin.
What I love most is about this product is how versatile it is because of its gold reflects running through it. For example if I am tanned I like to use it as a highlight/blush combination as it makes you look really glowing and sunkissed. Whereas if I am particularly pale and use a light hand, it gives me the perfect 'I've just been outside in the cold, so my cheeks are naturally pink' look. I could not recommend this blusher enough and if you haven't already GO BUY IT.







follow me on:

10 comments:

  1. This looks like a gorgeous shade! I've got a Sleek blush in 'pomegranate' I believe which is quite a deep red colour, I actually find it's a little *too* pigmented (if that's possible?!) because I have to be so careful and use an extremely light hand! Haha. xxx

    Sarah Nunn | UK Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so pretty! I've been meaning to pick that shade up too, but thanks for the heads up on pigmentation, I do get what you mean btw xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so gorgeous! I have a Sleek Blush in Pixie Pink, which is the perfect pink shade but I love the gold undertones in this! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm planning on getting a few, I love it so will defiantly give that a look!
      The gold is so pretty xx

      Delete
  3. Oh wow I love the look of this may have to have sneaky trip to Superdrug!

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely pick it up!xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks quite bright and shimmery in your swatch but applied to your cheeks it looks like a lovely natural colour! Really nice :) xx

    Mapped Out | A Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very pigmented but when applied with a light hand looks great :)xx

      Delete
  6. This is hands down one of my favourite blushers ever! it looks really gorgeous on you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so pretty! and thank you lovely :)xx

      Delete