Friday, March 28, 2014

REVIEW | Pond Institute Eye Contour Cream*

Pond's Institute Eye Contour Cream* // £7.99

Since turning 20 a whole month ago now, my god I feel so old. I have decided to start getting serious about skin care, despite the fact that I am still mistaken for 16. In any case, I was sent this Eye Contour Cream by Pond's which isn't a brand I have heard of before, so I was eager to give it a go!

On first seeing packaging it immediately seems like something I want to put on my face. The simple packaging with clear text and instruction, with no false promises! Just simple and clean. It does come in a little tube which does mean it comes out quite quickly, but if your careful it works just fine. I also like the fact that its nothing fancy and lightweight, unlike other heavy potted eye creams.


'Pond's say that using this will result in 'skin with velvet-like texture' with Vitamins E; for hydration, Pro-Vitamin B5; to help restore and soften the eye contour skin, Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter; protect, nourish and calm the skin.' 

To apply this you simply gently massage in with your finger tips around the eye contour area. Now when I first saw this I was like err? what is the eye contour area stupid sophy. But I worked out it just meant around the bits where you would normally highlight the eye area. I find this really does work to leave the skin around my eyes feel nourished and moisturised. It definitely works to leave my bags looking less prominent after nights out or work, which is a huge bonus too! The skin itself feels so smooth and soft, so for £7.99 I would say this product is a winner.


As you can see it has a gel like texture for an 'eye cream' but this is very cooling and helps sooth the eye area. I find a little goes a long way with this product and I need a pea sized amount to apply a good amount to each side. 

I will definitely continue to use this eye cream until the very last drop and then buy some more as I think this is the perfect light eye cream for someone with young skin to start using. It is a lovely product to put on morning and night and has made me look at eye creams in a new light. 
What are your favourite eye creams? I would love to try out some more!
follow me on:

1 comment:

  1. This is a brand that's been around for years and way beyond your time:::

    It's nice to see it around though x

    Libertylovesmakeup.blogspot.com x

    ReplyDelete