Monday, March 10, 2014

The View from The Shard


Isn't it the loveliest day outside? Spring is finally on the way, and thank God because it has been a long ol' winter! Now as many of you may know, if you follow my blog/twitter/instagram, it was my birthday last Friday and today I want to tell you all about my present from Chris' mum. I received tickets for Chris and I to go up The Shard and this is something that both Chris and I have wanted to do for AGES

If you didn't know, The Shard is the highest building in Europe at the moment! With the 360 view of over 40 miles - which is incredible to see. It is also twice the height of any viewing platform in London and is a must see if you are making the trip on holiday or a day out!

I warn you this post is going to have an alarming amount of photos in - you have been warned.
a few snaps of Chris and I getting cocktails before at a Bar that looked upon The Shard
All these photos where taken on my iPhone as the camera kept picking up the reflection on the glass which was really annoying. But these pictures don't even do it justice on how amazing London looked!
Our tickets were booked for 7:30pm, which was amazing because it meant the whole of London would be dark and lit up for the night! It also meant that you could see for miles, I loved how you could even see how the thames flows through the city.
HMS Belfast - look how tiny it looks from 306m!
         
At The View from The Shard there are 3 floor open for viewing purposes 68, 69 and 72. The top floor was my favourite as it had an open roof that was touching the clouds and you could see the 'point' of the Shard. You also got a true sense of really how high up you were!
Aerial view of London below us, it all looks so tiny and irrelevant. 
& a quick selfie in the lift down (that went 40mp/h and you had to get two lifts!).
I had such a blast going up The Shard and would definitely go again - maybe in the day time to see the difference! I would say it is a must see for anyone visiting London, as it is nice to see the city without all the hustle and bustle around you. It also means you can see everything in one go - perfect!
You can book tickets here if you would like to go yourself! 
follow me on:

4 comments:

  1. I so want to visit The Shard! xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should, it was amazing!xx

      Delete
  2. oh my goodness, I'm unbelievable jealous! I've wanted to go up the Shard in ages, but with the prices wanted to choose like a special time or something, but the weather hasn't been good...haha. Have you been up Heron Tower? :)
    Btw I know the exact same feeling when you're trying to take good photos and you get your reflection
    :( haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing! Definitely go on a nice day - it's beautiful looking over London so high up!
      I haven't but my boyfriend has :) I know isn't it so annoying!xx

      Delete