Sunday, February 09, 2014

REVIEW | Melvita Beauty Oils*


'Melvita’s new organic oils are full of essential fatty acids to improve the skin’s moisture barrier leaving skin feeling nourished and hydrated. Ethically sourced from around the world, these natural beauty oils are used to improve the skin’s condition leaving it revitalised and soft. Massage into skin in place of night cream, use for massage, or as a body or hair oil to recondition and nourish.'
As you may have judged by the title of today's post, I am going to be talking to you about beauty oils. Oil is something I have always that I have steered clear of. I have normal/combination skin and the thought of adding more oil to my face just never appealed to me. But this year I'm hitting the big 20 and after reading countless blog posts on how great oils are for you, have decided I should start getting my skin in check. Coincidently a month a go I got a package through the door containing 3 of the new Melvita Beauty Oils* for me to try before they launched in January'14 - lucky me! 

Rosehip Seed Oil* (£23.00, 50ml) Face
'Boosts skin cell regeneration to improve the skin’s texture and helps reduce the appearance and depth of wrinkles by improving skin elasticity.'
I have been using this a couple times a week in the evening instead of my normal moisturiser, as I find it does make my skin quite oily obviously sophy. But when applied before bed it skins in over night, leaving you with super soft skin the next day.
Jojoba Oil* (£17.00, 50ml) Face, Hair & Body
'Intensely repairs and softens skin. Similar in composition to human sebum, it is particularly effective for dry or dehydrated skin and hair.'
I have used this, like it says, on my face hair and body. Having combination skin I do get a little dry on my nose or on my cheeks and this seems to moisturise like nothing else. Again I like to apply this at night so it has time to really sink in, I do the same if I get dry skin on my body (hands/knees/ect). As for my hair, I have popped this on the ends whilst in the house or whatever then rinsed it off - I find it really hydrates my dry ends!
Argan Oil with Geranium Roll-On* (£11.50, 10ml)
'Softening Geranium mixed with nourishing Argan Oil works to effectively moisturise nails and cuticles as well as dry skin.'
This is the one that I find the most handy, as you can chuck it in your bag and use it on the go. I get really dry skin around my cuticles which, lets face it, isn't the most attractive thing with your manicured nails. I have been using this for about a month and it has honestly made the worlds difference to my cuticles, they are no where near as dry as they used to be and are looking a lot prettier.

What I am most impressed with about these beauty oils is how light they feel on the skin and how quickly they sink in. The only oils I have ever experienced is massage oils and they feel quite heavy, so I was pleasantly surprised.
What are you favourite beauty oils?

No comments:

Post a Comment