Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Vichy Idealia Life Serum*

I am a bit of a novice when it comes to all things skin care related, but I really have been trying to make an effort to look after my skin lately. One thing I constantly find myself reaching for is the Vichy Idealia Life Serum*! I never thought I would find myself using a serum on an everyday basis, as to me they sort of just sounded like a ploy to make more money. However, I have been completely proved wrong by this little beauty. 

Serums are so much lighter than your standard moisturiser, they sink a lot deeper and quicker into your skin and therefore have a lot more benefits. However they do come with a hefty price tag but last so much longer. I have used this pretty much everyday (when I feel I need that extra oomph) since I got this around 2/3 months and I still have a lot left in the bottom of the bottle. And at £29.50 I should think so too. 

This serum is amazing if you have had one to many nights out as it has been clinically proven to improve the look of skin that has been exposed to daily excess such as overstressed skin, pollution, uv overexposed and unbalanced diet. This is due to the red and gold reflective pigments in the serum which make your skin look glowing and healthy.  It is also suitable for sensitive skin - a major plus for me - as normal strong products irritate my skin. Not only is it good for sensitive skin, it actually smells amazing. Something you don't find with many products and it can make your skincare routine a little boring and clinical feeling. But not with this!
As you can see from the swatch it looks a lot like a cream but is really more of a light gel, with a pretty pink pearlescent colouring which you can see even more when you start to rub it in. This then evens out to a subtle but apparently glow to your skin, a bit like MAC Strobe Cream but much less intense and light. I always think my foundation looks so much nicer and me a lot healthy after I have been using this.  I am so impressed with this product and I think I will have to buy myself another bottle when this runs out!
I am also doing fatmumslim's december photo a day challenge on my Instagram, go check it out to see what I put up each day! 

6 comments:

  1. I have this waiting to be used at home! Also I just love the fact your blog is snowing :)

    Sophie
    http://what-sophie-said.blogspot.co.uk/
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go and use it! I honestly use it all the time, makes a lovely difference! Aw thanks, thought it was a cute touch!
      Sophy xx

      Delete
  2. Thank you for this, I have been looking at it in boots and I am going to pick it up now!

    Cornelia - Ineffable Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a sample of this & after reading this review, I'm really excited to try it (: xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! It's honestly so good, I use it whenever my skin is looking a bit worse for wear! :)xx

      Delete