Sunday, July 07, 2013

REVIEW | Topshop Lipstick in Bombshell

This weekend I have been procrastinating like a bitch. I have literally sat with my laptop for hours coming up with different blog posts and just haven't been able to write a single word of any of them! I also feel like I haven't written a beauty post in a while, which is so ridiculous as, well, it's a beauty blog. So in the spirit of this gorgeous weather, I thought I would try and break this 'dry spell' of blogging by review a super bright lipstick.
 
Since blogging I have been trying to wear different lipsticks instead of just sticking to the same one, day after day after day after... So whilst shopping with Lorna of studs and dreams aflter the #LDNBloggersParty, we couldn't resist the chance to stop into Topshop, Oxford Circus - who can though? We justified this by just going to the sale section on the makeup counter and we both picked up this gorgeous neon, barbie pink shade! 
 I believe it is part of Topshop's Spring makeup collection: The Makeup Edit (better late than never). It all has cute clear packaging, which is really simple and actually allows you to see the product you are buying. On the actually packaging for the product itself, it shows the colour at the bottom to make it easy to grab a colour and go without reading labels! This differs from the core collection black and white packaging, which is nice but I can tell it would get dirty really easy and ick. I hate messy makeup.
Oh, and my lipstick review wouldn't be complete without my pout
First thing I noticed about this lipstick, before I even put it on my lips, it smells sooo good! My sister and I were debating the smell and we settled on a bubblegum candle - of all smells. Once on your lips its creamy, rich and so pigmented. It really does come out on your lips as the perfect barbie pink! I am loving this Topshop lipstick and will definitely be investing in some more eventually, so any suggestions send 'em my way.
follow me on

4 comments:

  1. I have heard good things about tophop makeup though I have never had a look! May have to give them a little sneak peak!

    bellasbeautyblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    Claire
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do it! I was really surprised at the quality, will be getting some more :)
    Soph xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow this colour looks so great on you! I probably would have been too scared to try it if I had seen it in the shop myself but now that you've shown it on I'm thinking I need to get myself a lovely barbie pink!

    Ash :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much:) that comment made me really smile :D
      I was a bit scared too, but it comes out really wearable and pretty!

      Soph xx

      Delete