Sunday, June 16, 2013

LIEBSTER AWARD

I've never done a tag before, but I have been tagged twice for the 'Liebster Award Tag'. Don't worry if you have no idea what I am talking about because I had no idea either! After a bit of research I've found out that is a tag is basically to recognise new and up coming blogs - which is a great idea! But they must have under 200 followers.

LIEBSTER AWARD TAG
1. The Liebster Award is given to bloggers by bloggers.
2. Each blogger should post 11 facts about himself / herself.
3. Each blogger should answer the 11 questions that are asked by the nominating blogger.
4. Choose 11 new bloggers to nominate for the Award and link to them in the post.
5. Create 11 new questions for your nominees.
6. Go back to their pages and tell them they’ve been nominated.
7. No tag backs.

Eleven Facts About Me! 
1. I have a sick addiction to shoes, lipstick and bags.
2. When in Italy my family always get mistaken as Italian - we are all 100% English.
3. I don't sleep, I am like a vampire, I just don't get tired. 
4. I can be crazy messy, but I have a serious OCD for organisation, so really I'm a bit of a manic?
5. I love astrology.
6. I have spent at least 25% of my life in and out of hospital/doctors.
7. I have had the same dream of falling down the stairs for years, I'm convinced that is how I will die.
8. I never leave the house without my phone. 
9. I love comic book films and comics. 
10. I love exercise, and can be really strict with my diet when I want to be.
11. I am constantly changing my hair, colour and style.


I was tagged by three bloggers, lucky me! Hannah of hannahhepton.com, Emma Martin of Glitter and Wishes & Afroditi of gleamingspire.blogspot.com I obviously have three sets of questions to answer, so thank you girls!

Tag from Hannah!

1. Since you’ve started blogging, what has been your favourite thing about blogging?
Probably that I am able to just write about what I love and am interested in! It sounds so cheesy, but I want to go to university to study makeup art for fashion or film and theatre. So beauty blogging is right up my street. 
2. Would you say you’re more of a high end, or high street kinda gal?
If you had asked me this about 2 years ago, I would have said 100% High End. But now I live on a much tighter budget I love my high street bargins. However, I do think that if I had the choice I'm still a High End girl at heart.
3. What’s your ultimate wardrobe staple that you think every girl should have?
I would say, either a great pair of jeans or leggings. I live in my high waisted black topshop leggings, because the material is thick and good quality they make you look slimmer and you can dress them up or down super easily! The same with a pair of good fitting jeans.
4. What is one product you wouldn’t leave the house without wearing or taking with you?
I dont actually have a product I wouldn't leave the house without wearing, as I don't have a problem with going out without makeup on. But if I had to choose it would be my Maybelline Falsies Mascara, as it just makes you look so much more awake! Taking with me? Hmm, either a lip balm or lipstick! 
5. If you could have any job in the world, what would it be?
I would either be a professional dancer or a singer. Sadly I won't ever be able to dance again, due to my knee operation and multiple back problems but theres still time to make it as a singer - watch this space ;) haha!6. Who is your idol, someone you admire the most?
This is a hard one, but I really admire Mary-Kate & Ashley Oslen just because I grew up with watching there films and they have gone on to have successful fashion companies, without messing up there lives by turning to drugs with the pressure! So they would definitely have to be my idols.
7. Celebrity whose style you love?
I am obsessed with Kendall & Kylie Jenner. I love their style and how they throw simple outfits together but seem to make them look incredible. I also love there fashion range with PacSun! Amazing!
8. Heels or flats?
100% a heels girl! If I could wear heels all day, everyday I would. I have a ridiculous shoe addiction (heels) but I am trying to extend that to flats too!
9. Shop you can’t walk past without having to buy something?
Sounds really stupid, but Superdrug or Boots - I always end up with buying something I need to try or want! That or primark - I'm a sucker for a bargin. 
10. Favourite song?
Currently its 'High For This - Ellie Goulding (The Weeknd Cover)'
11. Favourite hobby, apart from blogging?
Photography, Reading and Clubbing. I don't really have a favorite 'hobby' but I also love shopping and spending time with my friends and boyfriend! 

Tag from Emma!
1. What inspired your blogs name?
The 'lashes' part: I love long lashes, fake lashes, real lashes. They are always a huge part of my makeup routine, I at least take 5 to 10 minutes making my lashes look as long as possible. 
The 'splashes' part: I love experimenting with colour on my eyes, and I just thought those two words sounded cute and girly together!
2. Why did you start your blog?
Originally I wanted to start my blog so I had something to talk about in my College applications and such. But after writing a couple of blogs, I realised how much I loved blogging! 
3. How young were you when you started wearing makeup?
I went to an all girls school, where makeup wasn't allowed to be worn. So they only times I'd ever wear makeup was for parties. But I would say it wasn't till I was about 14 that I wore makeup properly.
4. What's your favourite high-street brands?
Clothes: Topshop, H&M, River Island, Primark. 
Shoes: Office, Aldo, Schuh
That's all I can think off the top of my head! 
5. How much do you reckon you spend a month on makeup?
I'm actually really good with trying not to spend money on makeup. Note I said trying, but realisitically - anything from £10 to £50 a month. 
6. What's your favourite hair style to wear daily?
usually just let it dry naturally and wear it down, or lately I've been wearing it up in a high pony tail! 
7. I am a SHOEaholic
8. Hate or love Primark?
LOVE LOVE LOVE.
9. Fake lashes or real lashes?
I love all lashes! As long as they are long & not clumpy! But normally real for everyday & fake on a night out! 
10. Do you wear makeup everyday?
No, not everyday! I have days off from wearing makeup as often as I can.
11. A funny secret...
I am still scared of the dark! I hate it. 

Tag from Afroditi!
1. Who is your favorite youtube beauty guru?

Thats a tricky one as I love so many, but if I had to pick it would probably be Lauren from laurenbeautyy or Karissa saturdaynightsalrite. 
2. What is your favorite foundation?
Current Favorite would have to be my FitMe Foundation by Maybelline (see my review here). But my all time favorites would have to be Mac Studio Fix, L'oreal True Match or Rimmel Stay Matte. 
3. Summer or Winter?I am such a wuss in Winter, cold and I just don't mix. But I prefer Winter fashion. But I love love love Summer for the heat and how pretty everything looks - not that we have it much in England! 
4. How do you start blogging?
I started blogging mainly for my college applications but I realised soon after how much I loved it and now just do it for fun.
5. What's your favorite lipstick color?
Red. I think it looks great even if you don't have any make up on! It can make you look dressed out without even trying! Then again, if all else fails a good nude lipstick will always go with any makeup look. 
6: What is your dream destination?
My dream destination would probably be somewhere like California, USA just because its warm most of the time and I love America.
7. What's your all time favorite movie?
Harry Potter - every single one or Alice in Wonderland.
8. Who do you want to play Christian Grey in 50 shades of grey movie?
I actually have no idea. I didn't read the books when they were 'all the craze', I probably should though. Maybe that would be a good holiday read. 
9. Say one random fact about you?
I used to bite my nails so badly, but I managed to break the habit.
10. Say one beauty thing you suck at?
I am rubbish at not rubbing my eyes when I have eyelashes on or mascara or anything on my eyes. That and 
11. Are you going on holiday this year? Where?
I am, my birthday present from my boyfriend is a summer holiday! So we are going to choose one very soon and get everything booked. I think we want to go somewhere like Turkey or Morocco. 



Onto the 11 bloggers I am nominating... 
1. Kelly Ann - Daydreams Daisychains
2. Ellis Rose - elrbx
3. Nicola - Stylish But Skint 
4. Martha - Think Pink 
5. Katie - Subtle Coral
6. Rosie - Rosie Alexandra
7. Kristen - Canvasbag Kris
11. Sophie - Books and Beauty 

My Questions;
  1. How long have you been blogging for?
  2. Do you prefer beauty or fashion?
  3. Favorite makeup brand, high street and high end.
  4. What is one product you can't live without?
  5. Favorite Book?
  6. If you could be/do anything for one day, what would it be?
  7. Favorite nail varnish colour?
  8. Summer or winter clothes?
  9. One person you can't go a day without talking to?
  10. Lipstick or lipgloss? 
  11. One shop you can't resist buying something in, every time you go in?


I'm sorry that this was such a long post, I did try to make it as short as possible! But I was really excited to answer all the questions and do it properly. 

4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your answers! I think every beauty bloggers answers Boots or Superdrug to the 'shop you can't walk past without buying something question' :p

    Hannah x
    hannahhepton.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah :), I know they are just my weakness!
      Sophy xo

      Delete
  2. Your posts are great love this one, your answers were fab! <3

    Emma xx

    www.glitterandwishes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete