Wednesday, June 12, 2013

REVIEW | MUA Blush



I was so excited when I got an email through from MUA saying that there are 6 new blusher shades out! I love the two shades that I have, but I fancied something a bit brighter and more fun for summer.


These blushers are so good, and they leave a gorgeous flush of colour on the cheekbone. And what I like about these new shades is that they have no shimmer and are much more matte, unlike the original £1 blushers.

I bought 'Lolly' and 'Marshmallow' as they are pretty different from any other blusher colours I have already. Lolly is a soft orange that I think will look really nice when I have tanned or am on holiday. Marshmallow is a bright pink and completely out my comfort zone, I'm not very adventurous with blusher, but for £1 I thought it would be worth trying out something new.
Marshmallow                   Lolly
Lolly [left]    Marshmallow [right]


Lolly: Soft Orange

This colour adds a really subtle glow - perfect for when you are tanned and don't want lots of colour on your cheek, It isn't as orange as it looks on the swatch once blended in, so don't let that put you off! As I know I said they are much more matte, and they are, but 'Lolly' does have a nice shimmer to it.

I really love this colour, perfect for when you have fake tanned or have a real tan!

Marshmallow: Coral Rose Pink



Despite thinking that this colour wouldn't be something I have worn maybe one in a blue moon. I have found that I am always reaching for this as part of my daily makeup routine! Surprisingly it adds a lovely pink hue to the cheeks and is really buildable.

The pigment in this blusher is incredible, I also used it in my Pop Art Makeup Post as an eyeshadow and when packed on to the eye it gives an incredible bright pink colour. Multiple uses!



MUA have put up on facebook a really handy 'Blush Colour Wheel' to explain which of their blushers are most suitable for every skin tone! And lucky I was right with my colour choices, but may have to try out 'Cupcake' and 'Candy Floss' as they are for pale/medium skin too.


I will be including Marshmallow or Lolly in my GIVEAWAY to celebrate my blog being 1 month old, so make sure you click HERE to enter for that and lots more MUA products!
follow me on

14 comments:

  1. I only just found out that they released new shades, the all look so good. Lolly looks really lovely, definitely going to try it :)

    http://sheslookingatthestars.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so lovely! Definitely try them out!

      Delete
  2. I love Marshmellow!

    http://between-friends-fashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a great colour for any skin tone!x

      Delete
  3. Hey, I've tagged you in The Liebster Award - http://glitterandwishes.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/the-liebster-award.html


    Emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooo I keep meaning to grab myself a MUA blusher! Marshmallow looks cute!

    Kylie x
    http://lazy2lovely.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are so worth picking up! I pick up marshmallow everyday!
      Sophy xo

      Delete
  5. The colours are gorgeous! And they look so pretty on you too!
    Lovely little blog.
    I hope you're well and am looking forward to your future posts too :)
    Hope to speak soon,
    Laura xx

    http://www.lisforladybird.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, that's so sweet!
      I'm good thanks, hope you are too - how lovely!
      Sophy xo

      Delete
  6. I blimmin' love the MUA blushers! Think I'm going to pick these up :) great post!

    Emily @ www.emulehparker.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the colours
    Really need to try
    http://vintagemelissa.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're lovely aren't they! For £1 it would be silly not to!

      Delete
  8. Such lovely colours.
    Cute blog.
    Would love if we could follow each other
    http://thepowderednose.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they just, and aww thank you!
      of course!x

      Delete