Tuesday, May 28, 2013

REVIEW | MUA Lipsticks

If you have been reading my blog for the last week and a bit you will know that i had a huge MUA Haul! I am slowly going to review the bits and pieces that I bought, when I feel I have had enough wear out of each product to do a fair review. And so far I am absolutely LOVING all the MUA products that I have bought, such good quality for the value.

As you have probably guess from the title ^^ - this review is about the fabulous MUA £1 lipsticks! Like most girls I love makeup and especially when you don't have to spend loads of money to get great results.
  Shade 3                                         Shade 13                                      Shade 14
I bought Shades 3, 13 and 14 (I wish they had names!) and I honestly love them all. They are so creamy and moisturising, as well as being highly pigmented - what else can you ask for at a quid - crazy! Oh and they smell like vanilla, yummmmm. I also love the fact that they apply really glossy and smooth but finish matte - as I personally don't really like shiny or pearl finish lipsticks. They're staying power is pretty decent, around 4 hours!
MUA Lipsticks also come with this little pot of extra product which you can unscrew from the bottom of the stick. I think this is a perfect idea for when you have finished the lipstick but havent had time to run out and buy some more - good thinking MUA!

A Little Bit About Each Lipstick

 

Shade 3

This is a gorgeous blue tone bright pink. I love how its understated enough to be able to wear in the day and not just as a huge statement lipstick. 



Shade 13

The perfect pin-up girl red lipstick. Its pigment is amazing and just a really lovely red colour. Since buying this I have really got into wearing red lipstick most days, as I find you don't even have to bother with makeup and you can still look made up! I imagine this tone would suit most skin tones as it really is just a true red. Give it a go and let me know what you think?






Shade 14

For all you vampires out there like me, this is the perfect nude colour for everyday use. I mainly have worn this on nights out when I have gone for a dramatic eye instead of lip. This has over taken my love for my Rimmel 'Moisture Renew Lipstick 700 Nude Delight' and is SO much cheaper! 







I apply all my lipsticks over my '1000 Kisses stay on lip liner' in Tiramisu from Rimmel London, as I find it give a nice nude all over lip colour and makes my lipstick last so much longer than without it. 

All in all, I think these lipsticks are just perfect and they don't even break the bank! If you haven't tried any MUA lipstick - or products for that matter - get yourself down to Superdrug or visit the MUA Website as they always have great deals on to save even MORE money! 

What MUA lipsticks have you tried? 

8 comments:

  1. Ahhh I love MUA lipsticks I must own about seven!
    So good for £1.

    elrbx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are such good value for money! LOVE THEM.
      x

      Delete
  2. I love this post and my only mua lipstick (shade 13) I think it's perfect and have just done a review on it! I love the look of shade 14 it looks beautiful for spring/summer. Loved reading this post :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ame :), yeah I agree with you on thinking its perfect!x

      Delete
  3. Great bargain buys! You have lovely lips. I am totally loving your swatches. x

    Shang J.| The Feminine Crusade

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad I came across your blog, I love it, will be following ♥ I've only tried one of the MUA Lipstick range so far but you've got me wanting to try these 3 out too, bargain for only 3 quid for them all haha. x

    Holly | http://touchofcrimson.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw! Thank you so much lovely :). Yes definitely try them out, absolutely fab colours I want them all :)

      Sophy x

      Delete