Sunday, May 12, 2013

Alice in Wonderland

It's no secret, if you know me well, that I am a Disney fanatic! And have been obsessed with Alice in Wonderland since I was a little girl. So today's 'Face of the Day' post is on my Alice in Wonderland makeup look. As crazy as I am about dressing up, this was actually for my boyfriends staff party. It was Disney themed, and as my 18th Birthday Party had the same theme. I thought this would be a good time to reuse my costume and re-vamp my makeup look.
2012                                                2013
So as you can see my makeup look for my 18th was almost existent! I think I literally put a little mascara on and that was about it! Where as my look for last week is much more based on the character of Alice. With big eyes, rosy pink cheeks, red lips and flawless skin.
Eyes Done                          Completed Face 
As it was dress up, i felt obliged to go all out on the makeup! 

Create The Look:

Face: I started off with my MUA Profession Primer and then applied my Maybelline FitMe Foundation in 115 'Ivory' with my MUA F2 stipple brush for a flawless finish. To set this I took my matching press powder in 125 'Nude Beige', and applied this all over my face. Taking my MUA 'Undress Your Skin' highlighter, I placed this on the tops of my cheek bones, brow bone, down my nose and the middle of my forehead for some light contouring. To finish I took the brightest pink blusher from my Ruby and Millie 'Scarlett & Crimson' Palette (which I think I got as a present when I was about 13 and never used!) for that cartoon rosy cheek look.

Eyes: I applied my MUA 'Pro-Base' Eye Primer and, using the eye shadow from that same 'Scarlett & Crimson' Palette, on the inner half of the lid packed on a matte white and on the other half a light blue. In the crease I took a bright darker blue shade, similar to my dress, for some definition and then blended that all out with a blending brush. For eyeliner, I did a simple black liquid eyeliner with a small wing with my MUA Glitter Liner in Shade 2, which is pretty an aqua colour, over the top.  

Lips: MUA lipstick in shade 2, a bright pink that is lovely and creamy. I blotted this and then applied Lipcote and another coat of my lipstick and the look is complete! 

Let me know what you thought of my Alice in Wonderland look? 
Is there anything you would have done differently?

2 comments:

  1. Ah I love this look, the blue you choose is so close to your dress too, definitely goes well together.

    I can't get over how much you look like Karen Gillan in the bottom right picture - if you're a Doctor Who fan and every needed to go to another fancy dress party, I'd definitely say go as "Amy Pond," you would be able to pull the look off. :)

    Juyey xx

    ReplyDelete